Thursday, February 6, 2014

unwinding in winter



wet hair unwinding
After being sick all last week, and my chest still rattling in recovery, having classes called off due to snowfall, that was nearly one sixth of my entire heighth, was welcomed. I usually find myself restless with the winter blues on snow days, but these past two days were quite the exception. Sipping on green tea and taking hot bubble baths are usually pleasures that I don't have the time to savor. I am also blessed to have some of the most wonderful and talented people I have ever know as neighbors. Good company was only about seventeen cold trudging footsteps away. I found that laughter and impromptu dance parties are the best way to keep the cold at bay.
These much needed days of rest were taken full advantage of. Sometimes in a world full of doing, taking the time to properly unwind can be one of the things that needs to be place at the top of your to-do list. Take the time to be thoughtful to what your body needs, as well as was it is you feel you need to accomplish for the day. Although I owe thanks for the break to the snow that has fallen, I find myself missing spring. I cannot wait to see the first flowers poke their heads out to say hello.(Vine photo credit here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It