Thursday, March 27, 2014

Fixed on Function

Part of my love for the 3D arts comes from the utilitarian use they most often posses. Function has always been as valuable to me as the form, and if something has aesthetic appeal that also has a use beyond aesthetic, it has a special place in my heart.

I've been trying to apply this aesthetic approach to everyday items that have multifunctions. One example is the many wooden pallet diys I'm sure you have seen floating around pinterest. It's this multi-use combined with recycling and rustic appeal that has charmed me into submission. I've been bringing wooden crates into my house and found that they made the most practical, and darling, bookshelves I could buy for under $6!

During my current adventures in wedding planning, I've become fascinated with incorporating this utilitarianism with decor and centerpieces. Any ideas for useful and cheap centerpieces? In what ways have you guys incorporated unique aesthetics with function?~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It